I read 'The Basics of Coaching' to learn about Coaching. I got the viewpoints of PBP(Possession, Behaviour, Presence) by reading. They are important viewpoints that a Coach should have for understanding clients.
- What should my client get?
- What should my client do?
- What should my client be?
A Coach is required to communicate with clients while thinking something like that.
In this article, I'll organise my learning about the outline of Coaching from this book with the viewpoints of PBP. Just for information, this book also says the details of Coaching, some practical cases, and so on.
What is Coaching?
Coaching is a process to support clients to get skills, knowledges, stance necessary for achievement of their goal and take action through numerous dialogue. The goal of Coaching is that clients achieve their goal, realise self-growth, and get ability to control themselves and adapt their roles.
What should I get for Coaching? (Possession)
Seven Communication Skills
What should I do for Coaching? (Behaviour)
- Coaching Process
- Clarify a client's goal
- Clarify a client's current situation
- Analysis cause of gap between the client's goal and current situation
- Make an action plan for the client's goal
- Follow up
What should I be for Coaching? (Presence)
- Have a dialogue with clients interactively to expose their unconscious.
- Keep in touch with clients to take them closer to achieving their goals steadily.
- Provide clients with individualised Coaching.
I've read Learning from Experience, and summarize how to spend the period from 6th until 10th years for learning based on what's written in this book.
What is the period from 6th until 10th years for learning?
It's said that I have to have at least 10 years of experience to achieve international great results.
In the period from 1st until 5th years, I get various basic knowledge and deal each problems. The work performance is low. My lack experience, and I have no choice in the action plans.
In the period from 6th until 10th years, I become independent, and senior. I use all experience I've gained until then, and I can make better action plans. I change my viewpoint from separate to holistic.
What should My stance and environment be?
My stance is a matter of individual. I should have faith in customer-orientation and goal-achievement-orientation. In other words, I should have self-respect and curiosity, take a risk, and accept criticisms by others.
My environment is a matter of organization. I should be a member of a organization that is dedicated to the "Customer is first" policy and the members compete with each other for their knowledge and action. The environment strengthen my own faith.
What should I do?
I should do challenging tasks like the below.
- inexperienced tasks
- tasks to generate change
- difficult tasks
In the process of doing them, I can learn from my boss and acquire high skill or knowledge.
What should I learn?
I should learn three skills and one knowledge.
First, customer management skill.
- how to communicate with customer.
- how to understand problems customer has.
- how to deal with troubles with customer.
Second, group management skill.
- how to clarify a objective of project.
- how to direct group members and share information.
- how to clarify the order of priority and determine.
Third, conceptual skill.
- how to find problems.
- how to solve problems.
- how to think logically.
Finally, official knowledge.
- what my business is.
- what my using technique is.
- what the setup of organization is.
- the points of profit taking was set higher than those of loss cutting.
- learned each economic indicators.
- learned how to stop and limit order to close deal.
- cross traded without attention to US dollar rate.
- forecast market trends based on the exchange rate of US dollar.